1. Begin a new drawing using a 3D Modeling workspace.
2. Choose View, Viewports, 2 Viewports.
3. Press ENTER for the default of two vertical viewports.
4. Type PLAN and World in the left viewport.
5. Choose SE Isometric for the right viewport.
6. Type THICKNESS at the command prompt.
Enter new value for THICKNESS <0.0000>: 3
7. Draw a 5”,2” rectangle using in the LINE command in the left view.
The lines will have a 3D “thickness” that can be seen in the 3D view.
Change Existing Thickness
1. Select the object whose thickness you would like to change (e.g. one line of the rectangle you drew in 2.1.)
2. Choose Modify, Properties…or right click and choose Properties…
3. Type a new line thickness.
The result is a new line thickness for the selected object.
Stores the elevation for new objects relative to the current UCS for the current
1. Type ELEVATION at the command prompt.
Enter new value for ELEVATION <0.0000>: 1.00
2. Draw two circles in the left view at the new elevation.
Note that they appear to be “floating” 1 unit above the ground.
1. Type ELEV at the command prompt.
Specify new default elevation: <1.0000>: 2
Specify new default thickness: <3.000>: .5
2. Draw a new line in the left view to see the elevation and thickness settings.