Starting a new Part:
- From the File menu, select New / Part, or click the New icon.
- Select the Part template from either the Templates or Tutorial folders.
- Click OK ; a new part template is opened.
Changing the background color:
- From the View (Heads-up) toolbar, click the Apply Scene button (arrow) and select the Plain White option (arrow).
- By changing the background color to Plain White we can better see the colors of the sketch entities and sketch dimensions.
- To show the Origin, click the View drop down menu and select Origins.
- The Blue Origin is the Zero position of the part and the Red Origin is the Zero position of a sketch.
Starting a new Sketch:
- A sketch is normally created first, relations and dimensions are added after, and then it gets extruded into a 3D feature.
Right-Drag to display the Mouse Gesture guide and select the Line command from it. (See the Introduction section, page XVIII for details on customizing the Mouse Gesture).
- Position the mouse cursor at the Red Origin point, a yellow feedback symbol appears to indicate a relation (Coincident) is going to be added automatically to the 1 st endpoint of the line. This endpoint will be locked at the zero position
Using the Click + Hold + Drag technique:
- Click on the Origin point and holdthe mouse button to start the line at point 1, drag upwards to point 2, then release the mouse button.
- Continue adding other lines using the Click-Hold-Drag technique.
- The relations like Horizontal and Vertical are added automatically to each sketch line. Other relations like Collinear and Equal are added manually.
- The size and shape of the profile will be corrected in the next few steps.