Creates a 3D solid by thickening a surface.
1. Open a drawing with 3D surface and display in a 3D view.
2. Choose Modify, 3D Operation, Thicken.
3. Type THICKEN at the command prompt.
Select surfaces to thicken: 1 found
Select surfaces to thicken:
Specify thickness <0.0000>: 1
Highlights 3D solids that overlap.
1. Open a drawing with 3D objects that overlap and display in a 3D view.
2. Choose Modify, 3D Operations, Interference Checking.
3. Type INTERFERE at the command prompt.
Select first set of objects or [Nested selection/Settings]: pick solids surrounding rectangle and and press enter.
Select second set of objects or [Nested selection/checK first set] <checK>: pick rectangle and press enter
Solids that interfere will highlight in red.
The following dialog box allows you to change the zoom and display of the drawing to better see the interfering objects.
You can also choose to retain the interference objects by turning the check box off for “Delete interference objects created on Close”